The Vancouver Multi-Family team
Our team of experts is well equipped to identify innovative and strategic opportunities for clients by connecting with a broad network of buyers and sellers to execute key market transactions and generate maximum returns.
We care for the places that we live and work; volunteering is a fundamental part of our culture and is formalized in our annual dAY of Giving.
We believe in the positive impact commercial real estate can make. Avison Young creates real economic, social, and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We are committed to shaping vibrant, resilient, and sustainable communities. The Avison Young Multi-Family Team is pleased to contribute annually to local charities that improve our communities in various ways.
Multi-family team in the News
- Rob Greer, Western Investor, "Kelowna $63.3 million MF sale shows strength of second-tier cities" (Nov 23, 2021)
- Carey Buntain, Infotel, "Big, eastern investors starting to buy up Thompson-Okanagan apartments" (Nov 21, 2021)
- Rob Greer, Vancouver Sun, "Sales of apartment buildings in B.C. break records in first half of 2021" (Nov 1, 2021)
- Chris Wieser, Western Investor, "Multi-family rental sales shatter records in Metro Vancouver" (July 23, 2021)
- Rob Greer, Real Estate News Exchange, "4 Metro Vancouver apartment properties attract big interest" (Feb 26, 2021)
British Columbia Multi-Family Investment Report
Unprecedented demand for BC multi-family assets in the first six months of 2021 led to an astonishing 78 sales valued at more than $1.9B – obliterating the previous annual record of 85 sales valued at $1.51B set in 2018.
British Columbia Real Estate Investment Review
Investment in British Columbia’s commercial real estate market resurged to near-record levels during the first half of 2021 after investors largely shrugged off a COVID-19-induced torpor with a particularly intense focus on acquiring industrial and multi-family assets. Investors were involved in 145 deals valued at $2.76B (not including multi-family properties, which were valued at $1.9B) – the most deals ever recorded in a single half, and which surpassed the previous record of 123 sales established in the back half of 2017.